Sunday, July 22, 2007

And then there was one...

After all my complaints about the heat, relief came for a short time last week. Mr. M and I had decided to run to Target for a few things. There were some clouds moving in, but nothing to be alarmed at.

Well, we being the intelligent people that we are, left the windows down in my little truck. Thinking that it needed to be aired out, it was getting a musty smell. We walked out of Target and it was PORING. The wind and rain were so hard that it was actually raining sideways. We looked at each other and

Me: Did we leave the windows open?

Mr. M: No. No, of course not. Well.....

Me: We did, didn't we?

Mr. M: Maybe, but I think I closed them

When we got to the car, every inch on the inside was soaking wet. We were soaking wet as we drove home because of sitting on our sponge like seats.

Then we turned onto our street and this is what we saw:



Estimated at $4,028 worth of damage. Sure put getting my truck soaked into perspective. (And don't worry, we have insurance.)

2 comments:

Make Mine a Triple said...

Oh no! What a pain to have to deal with that!

When I started reading your post, I was wondering if maybe it had actually snowed.

Francesca said...

Aw man! That sucks! And I've been whining about some unknown jerk scraping up my bumper--I will whine no more!