Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week in Dallas

For those of you who are wondering, my mom is doing well. She probably won't be able to drive for a few more weeks and will go stir crazy, but her eye is doing excellent.

I had a blast in Dallas; I got a new haircut, my eyebrows waxed, did some Ann Taylor shopping, and got new makeup. I feel like a new woman. (yes, I did hang out with my mom as well, I did not neglect her.) I also got to see a bunch of people who I love and they love me. It was great.

I took a plunge and bought a starter kit of bare minerals makeup. Brushes and makeup are all included in the kit based on skin tone. It took a few days to get the application technique all worked out, but I love the stuff. It feels so light on my skin, washes off very well, and looks better the longer I wear it. I don't even have to wear moisturizer any more! (I am not quite sure why, but my skin is not near as dry.)

My brother convinced me to join facebook and now I will never ever get anything done again. It is way to much fun to look up people I know and see if I can find them. Turns out a guy I knew in college was up here a few months ago on vacation and I had no idea. But like I said, way to addicting. My brother's facebook page has a picture of him standing with Ron Paul. What can I say? It takes all types.

1 comment:

molly jean said...

I am totally in the dark about your mom's surgery! I need to give her a call. Happy late birthday!