Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Best Oatmeal Ever

I realize that this is turning into a bit of a foodie blog. My apologies, but there isn't a lot else to do up here in the winter time besides cook. I am a fan of oatmeal in the winter time, here is how I make it using the fewest utensils possible.

1/2 cup oatmeal in a bowel.


One cup milk. (I have been using rice milk due to breathing issues, but use the real stuff if you can.) Use the 1/2 cup filling it twice.
Grab a big handful of dried blueberries or Crazins and put them in there. (Do you like by fluffy fleece robe? See the sleeve in the picture?)
Microwave for 1and a half minutes.
Using the spoon you will eat with, get some brown sugar and put it in there. I find 3 spoonfuls to be adequate. Breakfast will never be the same.


3 comments:

Shelley said...

I like your bowl/bowel typo. It made me giggle.

Misplaced Texan said...

What can I say? I have been a nurse too long. I think I will leave it, just part of keeping it real.

Anonymous said...

You know, I was just organizing my kitchen today by puting my baking goods and snack stuff into storage containers by "Lock and Lock". These are the best containers ever. A bit pricey but worth it. Anyhow, now that my oats are visible and I can get to them I will try this recipe. I bought some dried cherries today at Trader Joes. That should be yummy too. I'm going to post a foodie blog too since cooking has become a new hobby of mine. So stay tuned.