Thursday, June 22, 2006

Closet Issues

Early Sunday morning, my dear husband got out of bed at 4:45 to go deliver a paper route for a friend. I being the loving wife that I am did not volunteer to get out of bed with him. He took his shoes out of the closet and walked out of the room. About 3 minutes later, the closet exploded. Imploded would probably be a better word for it. The large shelf and the rod holding our clothes made a glorious crash as it all came down.

A sane person might have jumped out of bed to see what had happened. I made a feeble attempt to tell my husband that the closest exploded while remaining in bed. He came back in our room to survey the damage. It was so depressing to look at. All the shoes had come out of their boxes and the clothes were everywhere. We decide to think about it later.

In the morning my husband says not to worry about it, he will sort through things as I take my shower. Except he forgot and I came out in a towel with nothing to wear. So I am in my towel and he is in his wife beater shirt and we are trying to salvage something to wear to church that is not to wrinkled.

Lonnie did go out and buy the proper things and used his cool new drill to fix our closet and now it is better then ever.

No comments: