Friday, October 06, 2006

Save the last.... episode

Alas, a horror has descended on my household. We have watched all the episodes of "Arrested Development."

You see my passion for this show started when the now Mrs. Juicebox started dating Mr. Juicebox. He introduced us to the wonder that is this show. I went out and bought the first season about 2 years ago and this spring hubby and I bought the second season. Mr. M trying to cheer me up one day, bought the third season a month ago. The last season is shorter and I tried so hard to space them out. I put off watching the last episode for about 2 weeks because I just could not bear that the show would then be really over. (Insert flowing tears here). I have watched all the deleted scenes, and the bloopers.

The funny thing is that I didn't like any of the character on the show, but they all worked together so well. I loved it. And now there is no more of it. No more wondering if the kissing cousins will kiss, I don't wonder is Tobias will admit he is gay, I don't wish a large rock will fall on Lucile. I can no longer plot Michel's escape from his family for him. I can't wonder if Gob will ever get the pimp slaps he deserves. What will happen if George finds out that Buster is really his brother's son?

A dark cloud hangs over my TV. Granted it is a small cloud since our TV is so small. No more "Arrested Development" to cheer my long cold winter nights in Montana.

5 comments:

The Once and Future TC said...

I had heard some talk that maybe a different network would pick it up...?

I see you upgraded to Blogger beta. How do you like it?

Misplaced Texan said...

Well, I am still trying to learn all the new beta stuff, I need to play around with it a bit more.

That would make my day if was picked up (crossing fingers).

The Once and Future TC said...

Alas, sounds like I didn't hear the latest news: http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1178690_3|89677||0_0_,00.html -- sorry to get your hopes up. :(

I'm afraid of losing stuff if I switch over to Blogger Beta...I spent a lot of time customizing the format, and I don't know how well that would translate....

The Once and Future TC said...

Oops, here's that same article hyperlinked: http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1178690_3|89677||0_0_,00.html

Anonymous said...

I should have posted before now, seeing as we share such a tight Arrested Development bond--remember when we watched like, a lot of episodes back at my old condo two winters ago? Back when we were BOTH innocent little unmarried girls???

Thinking about that makes me miss you.

I need to get up to Montana. In the mean time, sorry about AD! I, too, mourn its loss.