Saturday, December 23, 2006

How crafty (insert evil laugh here).

Since Mr M and I are not going anywhere for Christmas, I have really gotten into the decorating thing this year. In college I had my fake tree inherited from my parents and I gleefully decorated it in maroon and white. But that was about the extent of my decorating. Since Christmas is actually here at my home for me this year, I was inspired.

Here is my attempt to rip off a Pottery Barn idea in my bedroom:


Here is an ornament that I painted at a pottery party:

My attempt to decorate a bookshelf (since I don't have a mantel) using decorations from my wedding along with some new stocking holders:



Stocking are so expensive! I had no idea. There were a few a the dollar store, but they were just ugly and tacky. So I had the bright idea to make stockings. After figuring out how to use my grandmother's sewing machine, buy a replacement part, buying a pattern in a fit of frustration and taking 2 weeks, here are the results:


I am actually quite pleased, but I am warning you, they are harder to make then I thought they would be!

1 comment:

The Once and Future TC said...

Tip: buy a bunch of this fabric while it's still available. :)