Saturday, December 23, 2006

A REAL tree!!!!

I never had a real Christmas tree before. Most people don't have them in the south and besides my dad is allergic to them. Here you can buy a permit for $5 and go on state land and cut down your own tree!

I had to work, but here is my fearless Mr. M and my fearless brother after going out into the woods and cutting down our tree:


They look so brave, don't they? They are my fearless woodsmen braving the bears for my Christmas tree.

Here is our decorated tree. Note Mr. M's electric train.

Now for a tour of some of my favorite ornaments. Here is one of my favorites, courtesy of Mrs. Juicebox. The umbrella says "A sister is a friend forever," but since we are not biological sisters (what a pity), she nicely drew a double arrow to switch "friend" and "sister".


Courtesy of my mother from Hawaii. Alas I can't wear flip-flops as much up here in the frozen tundra.


Betsy made this snowflake for me. So creative.


Here is my gaudy Elizabethan cross, but I like it.

And last, but not least, is a little ceramic Starbucks Christmas cup. So cool. Of course this means that my mother is aware of my crazy caffeine habit and celebrates it.


Don't you wish you had one? I know you are secretly jealous.

2 comments:

The Once and Future TC said...

I love it! The tree looks great. But the BEST part is the view out the window behind you. It just looks like Christmas -- how fantastic that you get to look out on that every day.

Anonymous said...

A friend is a sister forever!!! Congratulations on making those stockings your first year out as a married lady too -- I've been promising poor Jeremy a real home made stocking for two years now and so far, nothing:) Poor guy didn't even get a sock hung up this year! Yours look great!:)