Sunday, April 19, 2009

Part 1 of the best BLT ever!

Through trial and error (and a lot of taste testing), I have discovered the secret to the best BLT ever. This is part one, but is also it's own recipe to great bacon. Let's make bacon! And no turkey bacon allowed. First crank that oven up to 400 degrees and place your bacon on a cooling rack over a baking sheet. I place foil on the baking sheet to catch the grease, foil makes for easier cleanup.


Place the sheet, rack and bacon in the oven. (If not using for a BLT, set timer for 15 min, take out, drizzle maple syrup on bacon and place back in oven for 3 to 5 min). However, we are using this for BLTs so no syrup. Just bake for 17 to 20 min.


Ohhhh, look at the pretty bacon. Sometimes I take a paper towel and wipe the fat bubbles off. This is a great way to cook bacon for several reasons.

One: you can do other things while you cook your bacon. Two: The bacon isn't cooked in grease and isn't as bad for you (maybe).


And I may or may not have eaten some bacon while making BLTs.







3 comments:

Mrs. Juicebox said...

YUM!

Shelley said...

Bacon in the microwave comes out surprisingly well too. Also I sometimes use the cheater "pre-cooked but not" bacon that takes like, 10 sec in the microwave to cook up perfectly crispy.

I agree that avocado is a must.

Rachel said...

I am definitely going to try that!!!