Friday, November 18, 2005

The most wonderful man ever...

Just so the rest of you are duly informed, I am marrying the most wonderful man ever. Yes, I know, some of you are convinced that you are married to the most wonderful man ever, and you are welcome to hold that thought. Just hold it, knowing that you are wrong.

Let's give some background to all this wonderfulness. Several months ago when my fiance and I decided to get married, he was just out of grad school and needed a new car (his old one had 216,000 miles on it, yes that many zeros!) So I told his that he should get a new car and not worry about getting me a ring. So he did, and I was very glad since he has already hit at least one large deer since moving there, and I am sure that there will be more. I would rather he be in a SUV then his old car.

Now he has been sleeping on an air mattress for 2 months in Montana, and I couldn't figure out why he wouldn't buy a bed. I mean money is tight, but sheesh. Well, when I went up there this past weekend, we went to Glacier National Park and in the middle of a stream on a big rock, I was given a beautiful ring. (I am trying to figure out how to put pictures up so I can show you). My future husband has been sleeping on an air mattress for TWO months so I could have a piece of jewelry. Actually, come to think of it, he is still sleeping on the air mattress.

His patience with me and all of my fears, and obsessing, and he just comes back and tells me he loves me and can't wait to spend the rest of his life with me. The other night, I woke up in the middle of the night and I wanted to cry when I think of how blessed I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you're with the right guy when you can't stop gushing about how he is the most wonderful man in the whole world:)

Of course, Jeremy is ACTUALLY the most wonderful man in the whole world, but I can forgive you your delusion since it is just further proof that Lonnie is right up there:)

Misplaced Texan said...

Well, I will allow that Jeremy is very close to the top of the list, (and if you will recall, I was a big fan from the start), but I still maintain that Lonnie is the most wonderful ;)