Thursday, November 10, 2005

Off to the wild blue yonder

Tomorrow I leave to go visit Montana for the first time! Weeee! I am so excited, I haven't seen my fiance in over 6 weeks and that is way to long. I will finally see the place where I will be living in a few months, eeeek. Don't worry I will take plenty of pictures so that the rest of you can enjoy the natural beauty without the freezing temperatures. Today it was so warm here in Dallas that my mom and I thought about turning on the AC this afternoon. Not motivating weather to pack for Montana. I just hope that I pack enough layers. The ski coat will just stay in Montana, no need for it to come back to Dallas. Just think in less then 24 hours, I will be snuggled up next to my fiance drinking the Kona coffee he got me for my birthday. Wow, I am so lucky.

Now for some random side notes:

Riots erupt across France, people are killed and at last count I know of at least 1800 cars had been torched. Now mind you, this goes on for several days. Like this is a BIG FREAKING deal. So how long do you think it took the Dallas Morning News to put this major news story on the front page? 2 days? Let's be generous and say a week to get their act together and journalize? Oh no, no, our illustrious rag took 11 days! That's right can we count the days? Mind you, during this 11 day period when no one in Dallas knew that there were riots in France because it was 2 paragraphs on page 28, there was another cover story for 3 days. Yes for 3 of those days we learned about the 100 or so protesters in South America who don't like Bush. Now whatever your feelings may be about Bush, there is no way that these stories are remotely comparable. Which story could change the face of Europe/France? As of now the Dallas Morning News has lost what last few particles of credibility it had left in my mind. Come on people.

Second random point: I don't know if I should be ashamed or not, but if were going to be living in Texas next year, I would vote for Kinky Friedman for governor. http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/

Yes, he may be crazy, and have his own reality show on CMT, but I have come to believe in him. Hey like he says "How hard can it be?" I really think he is on to something. And it's not like he could jack it up more then the other guys already are. So save yourself for Kinky!

No comments: