Monday, January 09, 2006

Little girl, do you know where you live?

I went to spend some time with my grandparents the other day and had a nice time and dinner with them. But (there is always a but) do they think I am a complete idiot?

I am moving to Kalispell, Montana at the end of the month. I have been there twice, which entails having bought airline tickets to fly to Kalispell twice. I have mailed several packages to my vundeful fiance, which includes writing out Kalispell numerous times. I have driven around the town and seen such signs such as Kalispell Bank posted. I have poured over maps of Kalispell trying to figure out where various condos were located about town. Now given these aforementioned facts, would you assume that I know where I am moving? But, ladies and gentlemen of bloggerjury, you should never assume! NEVER!

After being quizzed about the correct spelling of Kalispell for about 10 min, I am asked if I am sure that it is Kalispell that I am moving to? Well, I am fairly confident in this fact. Oh, but our map says Kalistead and we thought maybe you were confused. So the map is brought forth, and I walk over to it, point to the town I will be living in and read: Kalispell.

"Wow, you just walked right up and knew where the town is."

"Well, I am moving there."

"What is the name of the town?"

"Kalispell"

"Are you sure?"

"Pretty sure"

"Well, what do you know, it does say Kalispell!"


What do you say after that? I just didn't say much else about that subject.

No comments: