Friday, January 27, 2006

The Wedding and Beyond

Sorry it has been so long since I last posted. All the wedding crazyness took over for a while there.

The rehearsal diner was very fun and I think most would agree. People getting up and saying nice things about you is always an ego booster. Then I go home and wonder if I am worthy of all those nice things people say. My grandfather fell in the parking lot after dinner and broke his hip. I didn't even know about it until later, but he was unable to attend the wedding.

Got married without any major problems. The only hitch was a slight trip in walking up to the alter. (Very steep stairs). Getting ready and seeing so many people that I love was a blast as was promising my life to the man I love.

We stayed at a very nice bed&breakfast and went to catch our plane for Vegas. Except we miscalculated how long it would take to get to the airport and return the rental car. We were 3 min late to check into our flight. The next one did not leave for 7 hours. So we called my parents, hung out with relatives and opened gifts, visited my grandfather in the hospital, and I took a nap. I was lying in bed trying to sleep and couldn't, so I called Jess and told her that on our first day of marriage we were hanging out at my parent's house, my husband was watching football with my dad, and I was trying to take a nap in my girlhood pink room.

Vegas (once we got there) was fun except that we both got sick the last few days. We flew into Montana last night and I spent the first night in our married home blowing my nose, coughing and generally keeping my new husband awake since he had to go to work this morning.

Overall though, I would say that married life is very good, now I just have to learn to drive in this ice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Horray for the first post by the new Mrs. Mullet:)!!!

The wedding was great, we all had a blast, though the icing on the cake for me personally was getting the call the next day, "Guess Where I am?"..."Umm...Las Vegas?"..."Nope, my childhood bedroom. My new husband is in the living room watching football with my father." Of course you know no one is ever going to believe that story about how you ran late for your flight because there was a car accident;)