Thursday, April 06, 2006

Worms

Obviously I am from Texas because it doesn't rain much there. Texas has its good points, but lots of water isn't one of them. By the way, it is bluebonnet season in Austin and I am missing it! That is how much I love my husband.

Anyway, up here it rains more and when the ground gets wet, these worms come up and appear to die on the sidewalk. I wish I could say that these are small worms, but no, these are HUGE worms! I think one of them was about 18 inches laying there on the sidewalk. (I really wish I had a camera.) My husband clams that they come out of the ground to mate, but I have yet to see them close together. Well, they are close enough together that they make it very difficult to navigate without stepping on them and I don't like worm goo on my shoes! I got these shoes in Europe, little worms! I do not like your goo all over my shoes!

So they are close enough together that I have to walk around tip-toe, but don't seem to be close enough to be making any babies. (If you know better then me about these worm habits, please enlighten me.) And then most of them appear to die on the sidewalk anyway, which makes me wonder how they got this far to begin with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ew. I think those worms need to keep their private activities underground! Talk about PDA. ;)