Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Seattle (and Ikea too)!

Lonnie had a 5 day weekend this week and we were aching to get out of Kalispell, so we took a little trip to Seattle. I love Seattle. It is similar to Austin except it is on the water and the weather is cooler. I almost felt like I was back in Europe.

Got to meet up with an old friend from nursing school who now has a beautiful little 10 month old boy. She and her husband have a lovely home and seem to enjoy their life in Seattle. We stayed with Saunders who live in a very cool area of town. His window overlooks downtown where you can see the space needle and the port.

We made a trip to Ikea on Sat so that we can now have furniture! We bought this in black and two of these along with several other small items. By the way, there is an Ikea going to open in Roundrock, Texas. Now, without a doubt, Austin is the coolest city ever.

We had dinner on pier 66 at a place called Anthony's, quite good and close to the open market where all sorts of things are sold including fresh cut tulips, fresh fish, fruits and vegetables of all sorts and is right across the street from the first Starbucks. There was a wonderful Italian grocery store that I wish I lived next to. I also now know why Pink Lady apples are named such. In the market they were bright pink, think bubble gum pink. Alas as I am still without a camera, I have no evidence of any of this to show you.

I also had a bit of a insight about myself. As we were driving around looking for Saunder's place we drove by the hole-in-the-wall shops, the purple haired people and the general city buzz. I thought to myself, ahh, back where things are normal. It then occurred to me that people having purple hair is not really normal, but it is the strange that I know and am comfortable with. The people in Kalispell are strange, but a different strange, one that I am not as comfortable with.

On the way back to Kalispell, Mr. M spent more money then he should have on a very nice hotel room where he treated me to roses, wine and fresh fruit. I dressed in a short pleather skirt. We were both happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you click on your second Ikea link, the one that says "and two of these", an error message with a picture of a little blonde girl comes up. So, at first glance, it kind-of looks like you picked up two toddlers and a bookshelf!!!:)

Misplaced Texan said...

Oppps! No we picked up 3 bookshelves total!