Wednesday, May 23, 2007

50 things

A few weeks ago, I was reading an article in Real Simple magazine about going through your house and throwing out 50 things.

I made the decision several years ago that I was going to own my stuff and my stuff is not going to own me. Since I have moved almost every year since turning 18, it helps keep the amount of crap in my life to a minimum. However, I did not move this year and I have plenty of crap, so here is my list so far.

1) Candle-given to me as a gift, I love it, but I can't even light it any more, so out it goes.

2) Issues of alum magazines.

3) Old Sports Illustrated that my husband agreed to get rid of. (I let him keep the ones he really wanted.)

4) My collection of root beer bottles (but I saved my Dr. Pepper bottle collection)

5) Several days of newspapers.

6) An old Bible study that way 100 pages long.

7) Sunday school lessons that we never looked at.

8) Sudoku book (I had filled most of the puzzles out)

9)Women's ministry registration form (I am not signing up to minister this year)

10) A packet of info on my albuerol inhaler.

11) Old Pottery Barn catalog.

12) Half of a bottle of mag citrate.

13) Mr. M's muscle rub (that expired in 2000)

14) Birth control pill wallets (2)

15) Erythromycin oint for an eye infection several months ago.

16) Big Red chewing gum (it was really hard)

17) Used boarding passes.

18) Used post-it notes.

19) Watch links

20) Bed and Breakfast evaluation card.

21) Lots of rubber bands.

22) Old sponges

23) Nursing protocols (they have new ones now.)

24) Old envelopes

25) Best Buy reward zone card

26) Credit card applications

27) Gift registry cards (please don't put them in your wedding invitations, it's tacky!)

28)Coffee pot (we got a better one)

29) Old socks that I don't wear anymore.

30) Old lip pencil

31 & 32) 2 sets of commentaries.

33) Random books we didn't want.

34) Box of tea (the flavor was just bad)

35) Old perfume bottle

36) 5 phone books

37) A pair of shoes.

38, 39, 40 & 41) 4 bags of clothes from my closet to good will.

42) Old movie tickets

43) Old support letters

44) 2 compacts of eye shadow.

45) Box for perfume

46) 4 hair clips

47) Old tea kettle (we got a much nicer one from Heather for our wedding)

And now, I am just stuck, I just can't come up with the last 3 things I should get rid of, any ideas?

No comments: