Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Back in the Frozen Tundra

Got back from Texas on Monday night where I wore shorts, drove on freeways, spent way to much money on clothes and ate cheap ethnic food along with bluebell ice cream.

Here is a picture of Mrs. Juicebox and me:



It was so nice to see everybody and enjoy being with family and friends. We played lots of Settlers of Catan and if you have never played that game, you are missing out. It was so good to see Mr. M with a group of guys just laughing it up.

After going out on a walk with one of my friends, my husband and I were lounging on the couch. He looked me over and said:

Mr: "Your shorts look kind of old."

Me: "They do? I mean I didn't think they were that bad."

Mr: "How old are those shorts?"

Me: "Hmm, about 6 years old I guess."

Mr: "How old is that sweatshirt?"

Me: "About 5 years old, but the shirt on underneath it is only about 3 years old."

Mr: "I have finally found someone who wears clothes longer then me, and it is my wife!"



But back in the frozen tundra the cherry trees are starting to bloom:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, knowing that you were physically in the state really made me happy last week, even though I actually only got to see you for one day:)

Here's to lifelong friendships, no matter how freaking far away we manage to move or for how long!

Also, those cherry trees are really pretty:)