Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Dole Plantation!

I promised some Hawaii pictures to make you feel warm and cozy inside, and here is part I.

First, just take a look at the veiw from our balcony.
Mr. M is checking out the pineapple plant.Just in case you didn't believe that we were at the REAL Dole plantation here it is spelled out in plants.
Acres and acres of pineapples. I have to tell a story on myself. When I was in Papua New Guinea a few years back, I came across a lone pineapple plant growing a pineapple. I thought it was a joke. See, I always thought they grew in the ground like a potato and the green on top was the plant. I felt a bit foolish.And these are some coffee plants, in case you were wondering.


4 comments:

molly jean said...

Wow! What a great way to escape the winter weather!

Unknown said...

That's amazing!! I thought the pinapple was a joke, too... until you explained it!! :)

Anonymous said...

It does make sense that Pineapple would grow different than it does. Such a large fruit, growing precariously on a fragile bush. My mom has a Pineapple growing in her front garden... she should start more, since the take so long to produce fruit.

Make Mine a Triple said...

Hm. I always thought pineapples grew on trees, so there ya go. I think I was thinking of palm trees instead. Oh well, whatever.

Love the pictures!