Thursday, February 28, 2008

To be perfectly clear

There are some interesting people in our small town. A large number of the population believe in displaying the 10 commandments. Why this is so important to them, I am not sure, but it's a big deal. These pictures go along with the eternal question from college, "Who does that?"

Here is one classy lady's front yard.





Look closely, during the Christmas season, this contains Mary, Joseph and a baby Jesus. But during the rest of the year we have a large wooden Bible.



On the other side of her yard, we have the 10 commandments. Two things I love about this sign. 1) The commands get smaller as you go down and 2) the "thou"s start to appear at command 6.


Now my neighbor has a bit more money and her son bought her a real granite sign. Got to love the bald eagle on either side.

While I am not a big fan of putting up 10 commandment signs, you have to admire the creativity that goes into some of these things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, wow. I think that's pretty much all you can say. Wow.

Anonymous said...

YES!!! They are truly as you described...even the bald eagles:)

Now all we need is the billboards. The world needs to see the billboards!

Anonymous said...

It's almost impossible to grasp how quickly these signs evolve across the Flathead Valley! These examples being only a very small tip of the ice burg!

...although I think I will go create a special sign for my own yard... I'm starting to covet theirs and might just have to go steal them.

Peabody said...

Hmmm, not really sure what to say. I don't think I have ever seen the 10 commandments in front of someone's home.