Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Cold

I am back in the frozen tundra after a lovely vacation to a place where I actually understand why the housing market is sky high as opposed to wear I live. I don't understand why people are willing to pay so much to live here. Some of my friends from down south have asked me questions such as: "Do you have snow up there yet?" Ahem, yes. Here are a few examples.

This is the street I live on. Do you see that car? Our mailbox is behind it. I have to walk over a lake of ice every day to check the mail.


This is the back of my little red pickup.


This is our yard.

This is our balcony. Look at the snow, it is trying to get in. It is right up against the window trying to get me, but I won't open the door.


I will post some pictures of our trip, but I am still trying to sort through them. If you have a facebook account, you can look at some I put up there.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hang in there, Deborah!!! Stay warm! :) I am going thru the same thing here in Michigan! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, I love the comment about the snow trying to get in the door to get you, and treking across the ice lake to the mailbox. You really have turned into an intrepid northern-living woman!

Misplaced Texan said...

The funny thing is that our street really is ice during the winter. It looks like packed snow, but it is ice.

Anonymous said...

The only thing missing is my car, sitting beside the Suburban, with me inside your apt choosing tea while sitting on your comfy red couch!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! I like that comment about the snow trying to get in your window. Come back to Texas....77 degrees here today.