Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Arrrg to Sofa Mart!

About 3 and a half weeks ago, Mr. M and I ordered a red sofa from Sofa Mart. Last week it got to the store, but since they only make deliveries to Kalispell on Tuesdays and they didn't have room on the truck last week. So we wait another week for our couch to arrive.

Yesterday was the big day. The red couch came and the two moron delivery men couldn't even get the couch in the door. They didn't even try to take our door off the hinges to get the couch in! In the process they tracked mud over my new rug, got dirt on the couch cushions and scraped paint on the frame of the couch. And then decided that they couldn't get the couch in the door!

I spoke with a manager today and he was upset with his delivery men, especially after I told him they didn't take the door off the hinges. So kind of him to offer to order a new couch (3 more weeks) and not charge us again! Aren't they generous?

2 comments:

Chris and Amber said...

Reminds me of when I ordered our bedroom set and couch right before we got married.....
The mirror to the dresser was broken, and they wanted me to sign for everything and I wouldn't sign for it unless they wrote it was broken and they would bring me another one, they had to "call about that" and I had to talk to the store and finally they "generously" said they'd order a new mirror and bring it. Then, they take this big leather couch out of the truck and start to bring it up the walk, I tell them that's not mine, then we get in a big discussion because they say it is mine, I say I know what I bought...around and around we go, they were determined to bring it in my living room. Finally I went to the truck and found my couch, and I finally got it in our apartment! I was NOT impressed with the delivery, or their intelligence, but the prices were great, and I love all the things I got! :) SO generous of them to give me a non-broken mirror, and the couch I bought!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Lonnie talked to them last night and they are ordering a new couch since we don't want a torn up couch. They also said that they contract out delieveries to this area, which makes me wonder if they even care about who they hire? Do they know how to move a couch?