Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Where is the Drama?

I was thinking the other day about my life and how it seems so uhh, hmmm, well, regular. It got me thinking, but why? What is so different about this stage of life? Then it hit me. Most of my friends are married. Why should that matter? Well, let me remind you the ever pressing questions going through young women's heads. Who will wind up with who? Will she dump that jerk? Will the blind date work out? Will he get her flowers for her birthday? Will he propose (and will it be a good ring)? Will I be needed for the next two hours to help my friend sort out the remains of her life? What kind of bridesmaids dress will she make me wear? Does he like me, or is he just nice? Do I like him? I don't know,should I? Aggg, my feelings are all over the place!!!!! You get the idea.

Yeah, so my friends all marry nice, wonderful guys who treat them right and I couldn't be happier for them. But all the anxious drama is gone. It explains why my mom's friends were always so interested in my life, drama.

Not that there isn't still drama, but it isn't the fun kind. Even when your best friend's heart is broken, everyone knows at some level that it will be OK. She will recover, she will move on, and she will find a wonderful man (and marry him in 9 months). Now the drama is parent's dying, crappy jobs, crappy grad school and such things like that. Not the fun drama. The question of who my friends will marry and how it will happen, are for the most part answered.

I did get some beautiful yellow roses for Valentine's Day (does my honey know his Texas wife or what?) Really wish I had not lost my camera so I could take pictures for you all. Kind of strange celebrating Valentine's Day as a married woman. See I know my hubby likes me and we want to do something special together. No pressure, no is this to much? Nice and relaxed, no drama. But I like it that way.

No comments: