Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Surreal Moment

Since I don't have anyone to talk to about this at the moment, I am posting it here.

Mr. M and I have been surprised that we didn't get any towels for a wedding present. We have been using my college towels that are maroon and white (Whoop! Aggies). So imagine my surprise today when the Fed-ex lady shows up at my door with a box from Neiman Marcus. Don't worry, I did not register there. You have to dress up in a black suit to even walk through the store on your way into the rest of the mall.

So a little petrified, I open the box to find another snazzy box full of white monogrammed towels. I haven't taken them out of the box, I am a little scared to touch them. They look like freshly fallen snow only nicer. As I touched the top towel, I could feel the Neiman spirits disapproval that I will be using these towels. I KNOW I am not that high class. I think I will wait for my husband to come home to convince me to take these towels out of the box. Meanwhile I am going to scrub down my linen closet, so that my humble closet will be as nice a possible for these towels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...have you actually unpacked the towels yet? Or maybe *gasp* USED THEM??? ;P

Misplaced Texan said...

They are sititng in my closet. Mr. M put in a vote for using them, but I am thinking of making them the guest towels.

When Mr. M first saw the towels he pulled it out of the box, touched it to my cheek and said "This is how it feels to be rich."

Anonymous said...

So...if any of us old roomies come up there and visit, we'll get the Neiman towels! I feel special already. :)