Sunday, November 05, 2006

Please don't

when meeting someone for the first time tell them that they need to get on the kid train.

Story follows: Hubby and I meet a married man with several children today at church. We politely converse for some minutes and then he inquires if we have any children. Mr. M kindly points out that we have not been married that long, only about 9 months. At which point he says, "Well, that's long enough!" My personal theory on the matter is, once you have kids, you can't give them back. So enjoy the time without them while you can.

Story from several months ago:

23 year old mother of 2: So do you have any kids?

Me: No, we have only been married about 6 months.

(At this point, I am thinking that we can talk about something else)

23 yomo2: So are you going to have kids soon?

Me: Umm, well no, we want to pay off some debt first and be married for a couple of years.

End of conversation. Nothing else is said! There is more to me then my ovaries! I swear! Please be my friend!

1 comment:

The Once and Future TC said...

Kids, eh. When are you gonna get a DOG?

(Kidding! ;)