Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm back (from Ohio)

Mr. M and I went off to Ohio for a week to see his family and various friends. One small problem was that the weather forecast said 50's. Try the the 30's for real. It was warmer in Montana. And I did not bring 30's kind of clothes, I brought 50's kind. But hey, we got an shopping trip out of it.

I got to see the house that "I" own. Mr. M bought this house about 5 years before we got married. There are renters in the house now. Every time I refer to his house, I get this strange look and am told, "MY house? It's OUR house." OK, fair enough, but I can't say that I have ever felt any possession of it. The house is nice, the bedrooms are a bit on the small side, and most of the carpet is left over from a bad case of the 70's. But it has some good sized living areas and a huge yard. I don't know that I feel any more ownership of it, but at least I know what it looks like.

Also I got to spend the whole week sleeping on a hide-a-bed in the living room. A little lack of privacy, but not to bad. One morning I awoke from a Law and Order type dream, convinced that I should go to law school. I then thought about Jess and T&B and quickly moved on with other things in my life.

I never thought I would say this, but I was so tired of eating out by the time we came home. I mean I like to eat out, but not for every meal. Of course we were trying to see someone with almost every meal, but I just don't digest that fast. By the time we got home all I wanted to eat was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I have been eating oatmeal and fruit since getting back. Please, something not caked in grease!

On the drive back from the airport 4 hours away, we got ourselves in a snowstorm and of course I was driving. I don't like snow, I don't like ice, I don't like sliding on the road. But we got back OK.

3 comments:

The Once and Future TC said...

DON'T DO IT, TEXAS GIRL!!!! Save yourself while you still can!!!!! :-P

Anonymous said...

LISTEN TO T&B DEB---RUN FROM THE RIP CURRENT!!!

Misplaced Texan said...

As much I would love to flee this cold weather, alas, my husband has a job here. But perhaps you could be on the lookout for jobs in Texas or other parts of the sunny south?