Sunday, December 23, 2007

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

This is my all time favorite Christmas hymn. I normally prefer it with a single female voice with a lone guitar but the video really made this version for me. Hope you enjoy it.



O come, O come, Emmanuel,
And ransom captive Israel,
That morns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear.

Chorus: Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel

O come, O come, Thou Lord of Might,
Who to Thy tribes, on Sinai's height,
In ancient times didst give the law
In cloud and majesty and awe.

O come, Thou Rod of Jesse, free
Thine own from Satan's tyranny;
From depths of hell Thy people save
And give them vict'ry o'er the grave.

O come, Thou Day-spring, come and cheer
Our spirits by Thine advent here;
O drive away the shades of night
And pierce the clouds and and bring us light.

O come, Thou Key of David, come
And open wide our heav'nly home
Where all Thy saints with Thee shat dwell
O come, O come, Emmanuel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this for us. This is one of my three favorite Christmas hymns. The arrangements and graphics are outstanding.

molly jean said...

Very moving video,and one of my favorite hymns! Thanks.

I had a good, but short visit with your family on Christmas eve. My boys were very excited about talking to other Ron Paul enthusiasts!

You asked for the size of my recent wildflower painting. It is 24 X 36 inches. It was my first serious attempt at painting bluebonnets.

Hope you had a nice Christmas even though far from your Texas home. I am sure where you are now is home in an important sense. Those old sayings often have some truth in them that led to them being repeated. Home is where the heart is.
Blessings and love, from this Texas girl!