Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Party in a Lampshade!

Mr. and I were wandering through Target the other day (because that is what we do for fun around here) and we came across this little object:


Being intrigued and because we had an extra $5 lying around, we bought the each one uniquely made light bulb. Just think, all that stained glass art for only $5. This was going to bring our living room to a whole new level. Disco meets the Renaissance. And we were right, check out my Eiffel tower lamp now.


Another plus to this bulb is that it is only 25 watts. Now the reader might say, "but that isn't much light!" and you would be correct. However, I was reminded of a cookbook that Make Mine a Triple gave me back in the day entitled "I Hate to Cook Book." I have always admired Peg Bracken as a writer since then. I can't find that exact quote, but she writes of a hostess who never cleaned her house before a party because it was just going to get dirty during the party. She would change out all her light bulbs to low watt bulbs and called it mood lighting. Nobody ever noticed she had not cleaned. If I am ever in a time crunch and I have you over and all my bulbs are like this, you know I haven't dusted.


1 comment:

Make Mine a Triple said...

LOL, that's an awesome idea. I should attempt that on Friday (since I am still awaiting the replacement of my extraordinarily badly stained carpet with hardwoods, which at this rate will occur sometime in 2015) -- I cannot believe I invited people over when I live in a sty.