Thursday, December 13, 2007

TenThousand Villages

Are you done with all your holiday shopping? I doubt it, so here are my shameless plugs for two organizations I think are great. The first is World Vision. I usually buy something from them for my family. Go check it out.

The second one is Ten Thousand Villages, a fair trade organization. You can order online or check their store locations. (I know that they have a store in Austin, Texas.) Check out their website to learn more about their fair trade policies. A local church in our area had a 3 day holiday fair and brought in some of their products to sell. Here are some things we bought.

We bought this basket for Mr. M's mother. Made in Uganda, cost $20.00


A cat ornament made out of a gourd. Made in Peru, cost $8.

A wacky wind chime. Made in Indonesia, cost $10.00

Cute ornament. Made in India, cost $8.

Large purse/bag. Made in Bangladesh, cost $10.00

So if you aren't done with your holiday shopping, head on over to these websites and check out these goods. You can get good stuff and help the world! (Note, I only used gifts on this website of people who don't read this site. So don't worry, I am not giving any surprises away.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Ten Thousand Villages! I bought Beckett some finger puppets. He loves them. I think they were made in Guatemala.