Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thanksgiving

I have been waiting to get some more Thanksgiving day pictures, but it may be a while. So here are a few of the things I cooked. We decided to do Thanksgiving with Noah's parents and T and I split up the dishes. They made the turkey, gravy, stuffing and mashed potatoes and bought some pies. I made butternut squash puree, zucchini rolls, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole and a pumpkin tart.

The morning of Thanksgiving, Mr. M woke up not feeling very good. I thought he was being whiny because whenever he has a headache, he gets all grumpy and I have to force him to drink water and take Advil. But I did feel bad, because later as I was in the shower, he started vomiting in the toilet. I guess the honeymoon is over. Don't worry, he was all better by the end of the day, but I had to leave him and take all the food since I cooked. (I am not being a mean wife by leaving him. He warned me before we got married that he gets grumpy and wants to be left alone when he is sick. So I just left him alone.)


But I was in love with my sweet potato casserole. Here it is in all its glory. With a butter, brown sugar and pecan topping. Yum. I will have you know that I did NOT use canned sweet potatoes. I roasted them and scooped out the insides.


My favorite thing. A pumpkin-banana tart. Sounds strange I grant you. But hey, the Barefoot Contessa made it, so it has to be OK, right? I don't think I could go back to plain old pumpkin pie. And there is no crust to roll out, what could be better?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need these recipes! They look so good and it doesn't help that I am hungry. :) We wish you were here to share in the joy of Beckett's first birthday. He's going to have so much fun! Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those items really look good! Other than Mr. M being sick, it appears that you had a great Thanksgiving day -- I'm glad that you were able to celebrate the day with Noah's parents.