Friday, October 21, 2005

3 Months...

and counting! That's right in 3 months to the day, I will be Mrs. M. MISSUS! Strange to think that I will have totally different name then the one I have had for the last 26 years, but I am confident it will be worth it. His last name is two letters shorter then my present last name, meaning that my signature at work will take less time, and that is no small event considering that I have to sign my name at work about 60 times a day. 60 x 2 =120. 120 fewer letters to write each time I work. That is about a 2 min savings in my workday. Perhaps corporations that do things like check out pencils to their employees should only hire people with last names that are 4 letters or less. Think of the wasted time these companies are paying for people to write their names!

I had a horrible nightmare last night that I was marring someone else, and I just kept saying "but he isn't who I am supposed to marry!" But of course no one ever listens to you in your dreams and you are stuck in an eternal merry-go-round of about to do things you don't want to do (like marry people you don't know). So you wake up in a panic and then when you realize that you are marring the wonderful man you want to and get a delightful birthday card from him in the afternoon. Well, life is so nice.

Carhartt- found out from my fiance tonight that this is a brand of outdoor clothing predominately sold in hardware stores. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. I thought it was a car heater or something until he explained it to me. He is threatening to get me a carhart jacket as a wedding present. But I think that if he is going to buy me such things, he should at least make sure that it is flame resistant!
http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10601&langId=-1&categoryId=12401&top=Y

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had that nightmare too!!