Friday, October 07, 2005

First day of cool weather

Today is the first day of fall here in Texas. What makes it fall? The fact that I could not wear strappy sandals or flip-flops when going out tonight. In Dallas, that is all women wear in warm weather.

Here is an extreme example. My college roommate (also from Dallas) was going camping for the first time with a group of people she knew. Mind you, it is warm outside and she will be, theoretically, trekking through the wilderness. She sets out on her adventure wearing black pants and flip-flops.

So today, it is just a bit to cold to wear my arch supporting flip-flops. And now I have to match my purse and shoes, yet another problem with cold weather gear. Since I have extended my college education as much as possible, I now miss my student days when I just dragged my backpack everywhere. So now I have to match my closed toed shoes with my purses. I can't wait to get out of Dallas.

But in preparation for moving to Montana, my grandmother ordered my birthday present of several cold weather item from LLBean. I have never taken the temp rating into consideration when ordering a coat before.

No comments: