Saturday, October 08, 2005

Dance to the beat of your heart

Every once in a while a song comes on the radio that sends a thrill through you and makes me want to get out of my car and dance. As that is usually not an option in Dallas traffic, I settle to drive on the tollway at illegal speeds and sometimes roll my window down. I don't usually know why the song makes me want to embarrass myself. Something about the music and lyrics together make a magical moment. I can just picture a guy going outside a party or reception to take breather and running into a girl he hasn't seen in a few months. They didn't part on great terms, but not bad ones either. He takes her hand and they start to dance in the rain.


Take it while it comes cause it don't last long.
Hesitate and the moments' gone.
Run in the rain and howl at the moon.
Fall in love way to soon.
Take my hand as the music starts,
and we'll dance to the beat of your heart.

Cory Morrow really has a great song there. He is one of my favorite country artists up there with Pat Green and Cross Canadian Ragweed. If you want to find out more about Cory Morrow here is his website:http://www.corymorrow.com/home.html. I am sure there is great music in Montana, but I still think I will be having my dad ship me my Texas music. It is just a little bit different from anything else out there.

No comments: